Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday Mosaic #3

I was home to take care of Mom while she recovers from surgery.  There were meals to prepare and dishes to wash.

She is not able to do her regular harvesting of fruits and vegetables.  I picked raspberries. We picked apples and processed them for crisps and she found her body was letting her know she had over done it.  Sunday had to be a day of rest.  The crab apple tree on the right as you can see is loaded.
I watered flowers and tomatoes, lettuce, carrots in the garden and her wonderful grapes. I forgot to take a photo!!!

I picked Nanking cherries. She has several bushes and some had been picked but there remained one full bush to pick. They were gorgeous and plentiful. They are delicious and easy to pick.



 



The pansies are volunteer this year but it means she still has a planter of great flowers to enjoy up.  She was collecting seeds to plant next year.
I found this Rudbeckia - Prairie Sun on my walk this morning.  I love the two tone of dark and light.  It has a green center where many others have dark centers. 

Mom is doing well and we are blessed to have with us.
I'm sharing with Mosaic Monday hosted by Maggie at Normandy Life.

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be able to spend such a bountiful time with your Mom as she recovers from surgery. Please give her my best wishes.
    Nanking cherries are new to me, I've not seen them here in France, they look delicious.
    Thank you for sharing your pretty flower & fruit mosaics with us on Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot of work putting up foods, isn't it? But so nice to be able to enjoy them through throughout the year. I hope your mom recovers quickly. It is nice that you are there to help her recuperate. Quality time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sylvia, prayers for your mother's post surgery recovery. Today my husband is having a knee replacement done and I will have to be the 'do it all' person for a few weeks.
    The cherries look delicious, sounds like your mom has quite the edible gardens and trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear your mother is doing well. All those wonderful fruits and flowers -- good to eat and pretty to look at too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.