Sunday, August 7, 2016

Owl Art Photo Calendar

I've been working of my 4x6 photo calendars for the fall craft sale season.  A few years ago I had a cute Blue Bird calendar with art work designed by my sister.  This year I wanted a cute one so I designed and created this owl.  I drew all the pieces. I then printed the body on the back of the designer paper and cut it out by hand.  I then printed the wings on card stock or coordinating designer paper ensuring they were mirror images and cut those by hand.  I designed the branch digitally.  For each owl I colored the branch appropriately and printed it on the 6x6 inch background paper.  I cut the beak and feet from coordinating card stock. The eyes are .75 and .5 circle punches. I assembled the paper pieced owl and applied the googly eyes.  Once all 12 were assembled I photographed them to add them to my calendar template.  Only a few have nods to the celebration in the month.  January has a frosty type back ground, February is Valentine designer paper, October has pumpkin coloring and finally Christmas designer paper for December.
You can find it for sale on my Calendar page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.