Thursday, August 25, 2016

Share Your Cup #112

These are crystal tree ornaments for our Christmas Craft sale in November.

They are octagon chandelier crystals connected with brass wires and measure about 3 inches. I have added some gold organza ribbon hangers to make them easier to hang on the tree.

They will make any tree sparkle and shine during the Christmas season.

I made sixteen which I will donate to raise funds for mission work.








This was lunch today featuring fresh garden tomatoes from my Mom's garden. 

I toasted two slices of multi-grain bread. 
I then added some old cheddar cheese and melted it under the broiler.
I sliced a nice fresh tomato which I layered onto the slices and seasoned them with salt, pepper and a bit of greek seasoning. 
The sandwich was placed on a blue glass plate which is Luminarc France - Avon Royal Sapphire glass.
I had cup of Masala Chai tea in a nice yellow mug which coordinated with the charger plate. 




I finished this book Maeve Binchy - Scarlet Feather this week.  My aunt passed it onto me recently and it was an excellent read.

I will have to check out some of the other titles by this author.  She passed away in 2012 at the age of 71 and she had written 37 titles I believe.



Tea tonight was decaf Earl Grey with a few chocolate cookies.

The tea cup is Countryside in blue by Wedgewood.  The saucer for the teacup was not included when I purchased the plates from the thrift store so I substituted a plate white saucer.   The white tea pot by Stokes is just right for evening tea.
I'm working on a macro photo for a challenge on Flickr.  We have to take a photo of an object on a mirror.  I've not done that before so I'm taking some practice to get a great shot.

Here's is a teardrop crystal from a chandelier on a mirror.  We cannot include the edges of the mirror.  I will have to search the web for samples.

Sharing with Carol at Art and Sea for Share Your Cup #112.

2 comments:

  1. Love the crystal ornaments for Christmas! They will definitely bring a sparkle! The tomato sandwich is always a good summertime choise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YES to the tomatoes ! :) I have some garden ones and it's tomatoes with eggs in the morning and on a sandwich later, etc. Just love them.

    I've read Maeve Binchy in the past ...she was always a nice read, yes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.