Saturday, September 10, 2016

Birthday Card for Special Lady

I made this card for my niece and god daughter who is celebrating a big birthday.  She is a busy mom of 2 and wife to a great guy. Fall colors are her favorite.  I will have supper with the family.

I created a painted background on a half sheet of cream card stock.  I pulled several colors of acrylic from the box - Dark Burnt Umber, Dark Brown, Cherry Royale, Cadmium Yellow and Yellow Citron.   I started with a mix of the browns at the bottom then added the red. Mixed red and yellow for the next layer then added yellow at the top. The card stock was dried and pressed to make it flat. The background trimmed to leave a small border and was adhered to a warm green large half sheet card.

For the leaves, I chose dark brown, yellow, and orange and painted it with the same colors. I cut the leaves with the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die. They were scored with an embossing tool to create some texture along the centre and veins.  They were adhered to the card with Quick Dry Adhesive.

The greeting was printed in warm pink on cream card stock, punched with the SU Decorative label punch and adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

I then spattered the whole card with a thin mixture of Dark Burnt Umber and Metallic Kim Gold which softened the look of the card.

I made several backgrounds so they will show up in cards later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.