Friday, October 21, 2016

Sympathy Cards

A dear friend passed away this week.  She lived a good life and celebrated her 93rd birthday this summer. Her three daughters were with her before she passed.

I made sympathy cards for my friend who lost her mother and my other friend who lost her grandmother.

The designer paper comes from K&Company and the adhesive borders are by the same company.  I did not find name for the collection.  I chose one of the papers and cut it to 5.25x4.00 inches.  I ripped a piece from the top third and adhered the pieces to the top and bottom of the card base.  The adhesive borders matched quite well except that they had white backgrounds. I applied some Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress stain which did just what I needed.  The borders were 12 inches to I cut them to 4" each.  I adhered the border to the left then added a silk flower and handmade paper flower held in place with a deep rose brad. I added a deep rose ribbon behind the flower accent then trimmed the ends.  I color printed greetings on ivory card stock and rubbed the edges with the TH Antique Linen distress stain.  They are adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.
The second card has a lighter handmade flower and a green brad.

1 comment:

  1. i know our friends' families are grateful for your caring. These are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.