Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Christmas Card Order - Manger #1

I received an order for Christmas cards recently.  The client created her own manger sentiment of the inside so she wanted card fronts that would speak to the child born in the manger.

This is a Holy Family decor set I photographed at a garden center several years ago.  I love the monochromatic feel to the image.  I printed it onto white card stock but decided after ward I wanted it warmer.  Out came the Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Stain and I applied it along the border and it was just what I needed.  I trimmed the image along the thin border then adhered it to a dark warm green card.  I was fortunate that the figures were quite tall so I placed my greeting along the bottom edge of the card front.  I punched a Stampin Up Modern label punchie from dark grey green and an ivory greeting with the SU Word Window.  These were adhered together then mounted to the card front with 3D foam tape.

I pulled out my trusty Bethlehem image for this one.  I added a starry night and made all the elements the same color, Cherry Cobbler.  I printed it onto a quarter sheet of white card stock, trimmed it to leave a small border and adhered it to the card front of a red card.  I had left space in the top right hand corner for a large gold confetti star which was adhered in place with a Zot.


I made some of the same design in Night of Navy.








This stained glass nativity is one of several I own.  I added a tealight behind the arch background as it was designed. I photographed it against a white background.  I was able to play with the image in post production to have several different colors.
I created the layer as a 3.5x5 photo with the greeting below.  I cut a layer of gold card stock to leave a small border and adhered it to the front of a kraft colored card.  
The nativity was trimmed to make it 3.5x4.75 inches and it was adhered to the onto the gold layer.
I added a strip of the gold card stock over the line between the image and the greeting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.