Saturday, November 12, 2016

Decorative Paper - Christmas Cards

I delivered 10 Christmas cards to the gallery today.

I made this card with some of my Christmas colored ink spot decorative paper.  I trimmed it to leave a small border.  I printed the greeting in green onto a 2.5" strip of vellum and gold embossed.  I ripped both edges then folded the edges over and taped them to the back.
This layer was adhered to the front of a red card.




I created a nativity drawing yesterday.  I checked out a few images on line then incorporated several aspects into my drawing.

I created this card with the image.  I printed the nativity, the star and the greeting in black on vellum and gold embossed it.  I chose a subtle watercolor background with blue, green, and purple.  I adhered it to the front of a purple card. The vellum was placed onto the decorative paper.  I used a small amount of vellum adhesive at the base of the stable.  I made a hole with a push pin and then placed a tiny gold star brad in the center of the star.

Some of these cards and these from last year were returned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.