Thursday, November 10, 2016

R2G Christmas Stack Kit - Set 2

Kits for my class tonight.

I started with the blue and foil starry night designer paper. It is handmade paper.  It was cut to leave a small border of the navy card.
I cut the greeting on the Cricut with the Winter Frolic cartridge at 2.75".  The navy is the same as the card stock as the card and the shadow was cut from vellum.
I adhered these layers together ensuring dry adhesive is only behind the card stock so it does not show through the vellum.  The full greeting was adhered to the card front.
I added a mini silver brad as the dot on the "i" in Silent.

I started with the gold metal star ornament.

I cut gold metallic card stock to 4.00x5.25 inches.  This layer was adhered to the front of the black card.
I designed the starry night Bethlehem layer in black with my own drawing.  It was printed on white card stock trimmed to 3.75x5.00 inches.
I put gold metallic thread through the hole in the ornament. I adhered the metal star to the Bethlehem layer with a Zot then pulled the thread to the back of the white layer and taped down the ends. This layer was then adhered to the gold layer on the card front.







I started with the felt ornament.

Using the navy ornament, I created the Peace on Earth greeting layer and printed it on white card stock. It was adhered to the front of a navy card.
I found an earth clip art on line and sized it to 1.75", printed several on vellum and embossed them with silver powder. I punched them with the SU circle punch.
I cut a length of silver metallic ribbon, tied it to the hole of the ornament and trimmed the ends. I placed the earth circle in the center of the navy ornament and created a hole with a 1/16" punch for the dove brad.
I placed the ornament onto the card front, used a push pin to create a hold in the card front to match the one in the ornament.  Pushed the prongs of the brad through all layers and spread them on the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.