Saturday, December 17, 2016

Creating Christmas at my house

The place is looking like Christmas.

I have the wreath on the door.  It features green with pine cones and some sparkle from silver accents.  The glitter fruit, bird and silver ribbon bow. This is one I made myself several years ago.














The tree is up for the first time in several years!  

It's a 4 foot tree I have had for years. It's sitting on the antique trunk I use for a side table next to my chair.  The tree is decorated in a neutral color palette of clear lights, white pearl ball ornaments, clear glass ornaments, and 40 or so crystal tear drops rescued from an old chandelier and a few ornaments which I have received over the years that have sentimental value.


There is a green fabric tree skirt with a white ruffle which my sister made for me many years ago.  I have added some snow blanket on top of the skirt.
I have placed my tiny nativity on the snow with a glass tree and stained glass angel hanging from the tree in just the right place. 

The advent wreath is again in a neutral color palette with white tea lights in crackle glass holders placed in cylinder vases in 4 different heights with a tall beeswax candle in a crystal holder in the center.

The Advent Calendar is hung with one  figure being moved from the border edge to their place on the calendar every day!  This one was made by another sister several years ago who is a quilter.  Panel is by Nancy Halverson.


The bubble night light sits in the hall and provides a wonderful light and great pattern on the wall. This light brings me back to my childhood when we had a string of these on the tree.  As the liquid in the candle heats up bubbles magically appear. I was fortunate to find one at a craft sale some years ago and purchased it as a memento of years passed.

Finally, the Yule Log DVD is in the player ready to provide a Christmas atmosphere in the living room any time I need it.  It provides music as well as the crackle of the fire so it's perfect to craft to or have on when company is visiting.
Caramel popcorn is on the agenda for this week so that will be several recipes to share with friends and family. 
Sharing with Jann at Daily Cup with Mrs Olson on her turn at Creating Christmas link up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvia, such pretty Christmas decorations! Thanks so much for your recent visit and comment on my blog. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.