Thursday, February 23, 2017

One Thousdand Gifts - Session 1 - Attitude of Gratitude

I started leading this bible study today - One Thousand Gifts - A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp.  I have seven ladies registered and I look forward to a time of slowing down, being intentional, checking my attitude and increasing my gratefulness. The video is very well done with wonderful images.

Session 1 - Attitude of Gratitude
The book was the result of a challenge to Ann from a friend to write down 1000 gifts.  Joy came in the writing down - in the naming the invisible became visible. 

One of the images from the video that resonated with me was the act of making bread. In this session Ann is making bread.  I really enjoyed that imagery as my mother makes bread every week so it is a comforting reminder of love for me.

We are encouraged to live with our hands wide open and not close fisted.

Gifts in my life:

1. Family
2. Friends, Fellowship
3. Time
4. Health
5. A desire to be useful

Check out this 100 day calendar where you can start writing your your blessings.  Take the dare.  Start today!

1 comment:

  1. I keep a gratitude journal so this book is definitely up my alley. Thanks for the tip, Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.