Sunday, April 9, 2017

Ornament Trio - Challenge

I designed this card with the challenge at Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge.  I was very happy to find this challenge blog as a couple of my regular challenges have shut down.

I started with the digital ornament trio which I designed.
I drew the ornaments and then  added some of my own digital paper paste backgrounds into the them.
The branches was designed from an actual pine tree branch photo.
The polka dot - snow background is another of my own elements.
The words are added digitally as well.
Once printed onto white card stock this layer was trimmed to 3.75 x 5 inches.  I then cut a layer of black card stock to repeat the color in the outline of the ornaments.  This was cut to leave a small border.  It was adhered to the card front of a warm medium green card.  I then adhered the ornament layer with 3D foam tape.  
To add a bit of sparkle to the card I spattered it with Iridescent Pearl Mist by Maya Mist.  It's great to create a quick card with my own designs.



Submitting to Merry Monday Christmas Challenge - Branches.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvia, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It took me a while to come back to yours, but finally I am here :-)!
    It came a little bit as a surprise to see a post about creating a Christmas card at this time of the year, but I suppose if you sell them you are working year round to make them.
    I like this one a lot. It has a sweet simplicity that speaks to me and the pine tree branch looks very realistic. Well done!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.