Sunday, May 28, 2017

Baby Boy - Shower Gift - Yellow Duckie

I made this card for my nephew and his wife who had another baby boy recently.  This is #2.

I created a watercolor background with Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Faded Jeans, a bit of turquoise liquid acrylic ink and a couple of scribbles of Not Quite Navy watercolor crayon.  The color was applied to a acrylic sheet and spritzed with water.  I laid my 4x6 card stock into it and pulled it away.  It curled but when left to dry it flattened again.  Once dry, it was cut to 4.00 x 5.25 inches and adhered to the navy card front.

I found a clipart image of a yellow duckie which I printed and then cut with a smooth oval from the Spellbinder Nestabilities set.  I then cut a scalloped oval a medium blue card stock with the corresponding oval.  This was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

I printed a greeting in navy and yellow and fussy cut the banner with scissors.  It was adhered with 3D foam tape.


Books are my go to gift for babies.  I hope that books will always part of our culture.  I think parents reading to babies is valuable time spent.

You will notice a theme of yellow ducklings in this gift.

This is a great book with a nice plasticized cover so it can handle sticky fingers and it is easily wiped clean.

The illustration in the book is wonderful and the colors are lovely.



I chose the same duckling graphic for the frame for his room.  It contains the details of the day he was born.

It is a yellow good quality metal frame with a brilliant blue mat and a coordinating yellow mat.

I designed the information layer to fit in the 4.75 x 6 inch opening in the mat.  It was printed on white card stock and adhered behind the mat.

I hope it holds a place in his room for years to come.  I did similar item for his dad when he was born years ago.  It makes a nice keepsake.

1 comment:

  1. It was just great. Keep sharing such interesting and useful posts. Well, I also threw a gorgeous Oscar themed baby shower for my cousin. I had booked one of the best Seattle venues for this DIY bash. She felt special and we all enjoyed every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.