Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Black Printing on Backgrounds - Cards

My sister was visiting me for a couple of days over the long weekend.  We tried out printing black images onto alcohol ink backgrounds we had created. 

The alcohol ink background was 4x6 so by aligning the graphic knowing that I needed to trim .75 inches off,  I printed it on the inkjet printer. 

Once trimmed, I adhered it to the purple/blue card front.  This water lily graphic is from CLker.

I added a layered Stampin Up Modern label greeting in coordinating colors adhered with 3D foam tape.

It allows for a reasonably quick card.

For this technique to work well you need backgrounds that are on the subtle side rather than bright and colorful. 

Sometimes in the process of making backgrounds I end up with lighter ones as I am cleaning up.  Of course one can make them lighter if you intend on using this technique. 

This card has a dandelion clip art again from Clker.
Printed, trimmed to 4.00 x 5.25 and adhered to the front of a warm teal green card.

I adhered a Stampin Up Decorative Label greeting with 3D foam tape.

These are off to my Card Exchange buddies.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.