Monday, May 29, 2017

Card Club - May - Handmade Paper Diecut

The focal element on this card was made with heavy handmade paper.  I colored it with liquid acrylic ink in Olive Green, Purple Lake, and Indian Yellow.  I placed my three colors on my non stick craft sheet and spritzed with water in a spray bottle then placed  my sheet of heavy paper onto it.  It did not spread as it usually does on glossy card stock.  It absorbed quickly and completely.  It took 3 more tries to get the intense coverage I wanted on the handmade paper.  I did fill a couple of spots with a foam brush and color.  It was too thick to curl but it took over night to dry completely. 
Once completely dry, I die cut it with the Sizzix Happy Phrase die.  The die produces Ha and ppy is seperate die cuts.  I chose a deep purple card stock and a olive green accent layer, onto which I printed the word Birthday on the left hand side.  The greeting layer was ripped along the top and bottom edges then adhered to the card front.  Then I used Scotch Quick Dry adhesive in a bottle with a fine tip to adhere the handmade paper letters to the card front aligning them around the printed word.
This left room for the purple daisy confetti on the right hand side which is held in place with a tiny yellow brad.  Love the die cut.  Turned out exactly as I had hoped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.