Monday, May 1, 2017

Mosaic Monday - Wetlands Visit


I took a visit to the one of our nature parks on Saturday.  I was celebrating getting my taxes done and I will receive a small refund.  This week is going to be a full one so I put all my photos into one mosaic. 

The day was one of the first where we can see that summer will get here.  I invited my aunt to come with me and we spent some time on the board walk which goes across a small portion of Big Lake. There was still ice on the some parts of the lake.  We did see a kayak and a paddle board so folks are desperate to have seasonal temperatures.  The clouds were amazing.  Of course, Canada Geese are a staple in our marshlands in Alberta.  I have  never taken a really good photo of the Red Wing Blackbird but there he is sitting on a dried cattail.  The new ones will be a while coming but there is hope of summer sun and green grass.  The highlighted photo is of a male Golden Eye Duck. 

I totally enjoyed the afternoon.  We headed inside to warm up and have tea.  They have a bistro, several specialty stores and the Hole's Greenhouse at the Enjoy center.  The bedding plants were pouring out of the greenhouse! It was a wonderful visit and I will be back!

Sharing with Maggie at Normandy Life that hosts Mosaic Monday #35.

5 comments:

  1. Great bird captures, Sylvia, are those pheasants in the top right of your mosaic?
    It sounds like you both had a lovely time at Lois Hole Park, how nice it is to be thinking about buying summer bedding plants once more.
    Happy Mosaic Monday from wet and windy Normandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, Those are Canada Geese. Sylvia D.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place to visit with your camera. Love that golden eye duck...how unique! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have family in Alberta and I am aware of how cold it's been out there. A visit to a nature park, especially one with a bistro and a greenhouse would help bring the feeling of spring, even if the actual weather hasn't yet arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful duck (a golden eye?) and red wing... a good nature walk is a great way to celebrate .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.