Thursday, May 11, 2017

Tea and Mother's Day Event

I'm sharing the page of my Tea Time Calendar for May.

It features a white bone china teapot by Mantles Kingsbridge.  It's matched with a  Royal Worcester fine bone china tea cup and saucer the pure white Serendipity pattern.

My sister helped me with this table scape and we added  a peony in a crystal vase.  It is a beautiful pink and it adds a bit of height to the table.

A white cloth napkin with a crystal napkin ring.



We hosted our Mother Daughter Sister Friend event on Monday night.  You will recall that I blogged the tea cup coasters I made earlier this year.  We had 80 attend who enjoyed a wonderful roast beef dinner.



We decided to use teapots as center pieces for the 10 tables.

The teapots featured as follows:

a navy one from Ikea,
a Japanese with a wrapped handle,
the cute pink one,
an earthenware glazed in bright colors
a ceramic one in bright green with white flowers,
an elephant in a shiny black glaze,
a blue and white tall one,
a classic Brown Betty,
a clear glass with a fluted body and
a Bone China Royal Albert Petit Point pattern.

Here's how our tables were set up with the cute tea cup coasters.  Each coaster had a pink tag which shared this message.

"A gift for You to help you encourage others.
A teacup coaster to place under
your daily cup.
Should God place someone on your mind as you relax and enjoy your cup.
Make a call, send a text or email, give a card, or plan a visit. Stay connected."


We provided coloring pages and word scrambles as activities for the young ladies who attended our event.

I brought one home and colored it as a way to unwind after a long day.

I chose bright colors with yellows and pinks and purples being featured which were our colors for our event.
I love this fine porcelain tea cup by Adeline.  It features pink and yellow chrysanthemums with gold accents.  The top is not round and features a wavy top edge.

The tea pot is white porcelain by PC.

I added some books in the background along with a vase of pink roses to repeat the pink in the photo.  

I brewed Jade Citrus Mint green tea leaves in my white teapot.  I enjoyed a wonderful cup of tea this afternoon.

  





Sharing with Jann at Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson who hosts Share Your Cup #248

Bernideen's Tea in the Garden

Ruth at Antiques and Teacups - Mother's Day Tea Battenburg Cake

6 comments:

  1. What darling coasters Sylvia! I think the table looks so cute with them! The dinner sounds wonderful and I am sure everyone loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this marvelous teacup by Adeline!Very very beautiful!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post, Sylvia! I'm all about tea and love seeing people's tea things and events!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the message attached to the teacup coasters. I'm so glad that your Mother's Day event went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful event Sylvia -- you know how to do things perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute teacup coasters, great idea! Love the porcelain teacup, Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.