Saturday, June 3, 2017

Note Cards - Victorian Paintings

 I made another gift set of  No8 note cards.  This time I used a set of images left over from a Paper Tole kit I found these at the ReUse center the other day.  When I saw them I thought their proportions would be great for these type of cards.  As you can see they were perfect.  

The images were created by Anton Pieck - a Dutch artist who painted the Victorian images who lived from 1895 - 1987.  The the sheets of images have the copyright notice of 1973 The Donald Art Co. NY Printed in Holland on them and there is these three per sheet.  The name of the images are The Inspector (l), The Smoker (c) and the Ship Painter(r). I chose an olive green textured card stock in 12x12.  This layer was cut 2 7/8 x 5 inches. The cards are cut at 3 3/8 wide and then scored at 6 1/4 inches.  I added a 1/2 inch strip to the bottom of the card front, taped it on the back then added this scallop washi tape across the join and brought the ends to the inside of the card.  It finishing off the front nicely.     Again, I created a structure to house the 12 cards from left over strips of the 12x12 card stock I used for the cards.  These were scored the width of 3 5/8 centered on the 12 inches.  I used 2 - one for the bottom and another on the top.  I created a small piece of paper to stick to the top of let people know what the package contains.  I again added a label on one of the sides with my contact information.
You can refer to this post of the stash busting concept for these cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.