Friday, August 4, 2017

Decorative Paper Cards

I'm delivering another set of card to the gallery. 

This is a wedding card featuring some of my own decorative paper.

I selected a dusty purple card.

I embossed a background white layer with the D'Vine folder and trimmed it to leave a small border.
I cut the decorative paper with one of the Stampin Up Apothecary framelits.  I added iridescent flower sequins on each point held in place with a pale purple tiny brad. I wrapped metallic thread around each of them and tied the ends in the middle and left the ends hand in the center of the card. 
I punched hearts with the Stampin Up Sweetheart punch from white card.  I embossed the left one with the Cuttlebug Script folder and the right with the Swiss Dots folder. These were adhered to the center of the card with tape on the left and 3D foam tape on the right. This card includes bilingual greetings.
 
I started with the teal and brown decorative paper. I selected a warm brown card. 

I punched the Martha Stewart Arches Lattice border from teal card stock. I taped 2 of them together,then added a brown layer and then a strip of the decorative paper. The accent was adhered to the bottom of the decorative layer.

I punched a butterfly with the Sizzix Winged Beauties thinlit set. I used a marker to darken the body adn then adhered it to the card front with 3D foam tape.





I selected a piece of decorative paper featuring several greens and some golden yellow.

I chose a dark green textured olive card.

I ripped a piece of textured yellow card stock by Bazzill - Mexican Poppy on both top and bottom edges.  I wrapped a piece of olive grosgrain ribbon and taped the ends to the back.  I adhered that to the bottom part of the card.

I added 5 small golden yellow handmade paper flowers across the ribbon.  These are held in place with mini brads in olive.


I chose a very bright decorative paper which included yellow, pink, and teal.

I paired it with a golden yellow card.

I punched a piece of card stock same as the card with the Fiskars Ribbon Threader punch and ripped the bottom edge.

I ran a bright pink ribbon through it and taped the edges to the back.  This was adhered to the card front toward the bottom of the decorative paper.

I created a flower accent in the top left hand corner with 3 flower punches with the 3 colors.

I have offered this card with bilingual greetings should the person want them.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty and colorful cards.My favorite is the second one,I love butterflies.Hugs.Maristella.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.