Thursday, August 31, 2017

Sympathy & Card Set

I made this card for a friend who lost her husband recently.  They had recently moved to BC after his retirement and he passed very suddenly.

I used some designer paper from Michaels called Teal Paisley.  I love the watercolor effect of this paper with the colors ranging from turquoise to green.   I cut the paper into 4" squares. Here I have ripped it in half and shifted the piece up and down.
I stamped the sentiment from Stampendous in Green Tea Versamark and embossed it in clear powder.  I ripped the to and bottom of the greeting and adhered it in the center of the card.
I punched a butterfly with a Martha Stewart punch from warm green card stock and adhered it above and to the left of the sentiment.

I made a set of cards that coordinates for her to use as she needs during this difficult time.  The butterfly die in white was cut with the Sizzix Winged Beauties die.













The memorial service is today and my brother in law will be by his sister's side.  I have spent many a Christmas Eve with this couple unwrapping "Treasures".  He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.