Thursday, October 5, 2017

Cards as Gifts Class

I decided to make my all occasion card stack class this fall a "Make Cards as Gifts" class. This allows people to give the handmade cards as gifts for Christmas, Teacher Appreciation, or Birthdays.

I thought it would be helpful to have a "wrapper" for the cards as part of the class so the participants would walk away with gifts ready to give. That is always nice for busy people.  The package would hold 4 or 6 cards depending on how they split their card kit.

I designed this clear pouch which would hold the cards.  It is made with half of a page protector.  I cut the top edge with a Tim Holtz die to create the wavy edge.  Punch two holes for the ribbon.  That worked great! 






Some people would be inclined now to put that in a gift bag so to make it Ready 2 Give I added a Christmas wrap liner to cover the cards until the recipient opened the package.  I chose premium foil gift wrap in red and gold. 

The package needed a gift tag so I made some of those as well to coordinate with the liner.






1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea, Sylvia. I'm not sure I would have thought of a page protector. It makes perfect sense and it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.