Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Hot Tea Month 2018

January is Hot Tea Month

 As many of us know a cup of tea is a pleasure, a healthy habit and provides a time to relax, unwind, and take a much needed breath in our lives.  There are many types of tea so one of every situation we experience.  Some have caffeine and will provide a boost in the morning and some contain no caffeine which are great for an evening hot drink.

“Tea is a very versatile drink. Each variety – black, green, oolong, herbal – has a unique taste, so Canadians can try different flavours, finding the ones they like best,” says Louise Roberge, President of the Tea and Herbal Association of Canada. There’s a tea for every palate and a time for every tea, with research showing that Canadians predominantly drink black and green from early to mid-day and turning to herbal and decaffeinated in the evening. Check out this link for more details. Tea and Herbal Association of Canada

Masala Chai is my favorite and the one I am enjoying this morning.  A bit of honey and some cream and it is a perfect cup of tea for me.  I recently discovered a Saigon Chai which is quite nice as well.  For less caffeine I enjoy Jade Citrus Mint and Chamomile is my first choice for a late evening hot drink.

Take time today to celebrate and enjoy a hot cup or mug of tea.

Sharing with Tuesday Cuppa Tea hosted by Ruth   

Friends Sharing Tea hosted by Bernideen.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous serving set! I love it -- the blue and white is so fresh! And I really love the large-sized photo; you can catch all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty tea set! I'm sensitive to caffeine so I drink herbal of caffeine-free teas in the afternoon and evening. Masala chai was the tea that got me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, every month is tea month, but I confess to drinking lots and lots of tea when it's cold in January and February. Pretty tea set. Blue and white are always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tea set! There is something special about blue and white designs. They're timeless. I'm a fan of masala chai too in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sylvia, I just love your tea set! I love blue and white china, and I'd feel right at home if you set that before me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love blue and white! Lovely! Nordic isn't it? I agree there is always a tea for everyone! Lovely post! Have a great week and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.